Arrow dripper is the current drip irrigation tool that is used to efficiently deliver water on to plant roots. The drippers are rooted into individual plant thus delivering water into region to be wetted.
The dripper has either blue or black plastic dripper with a tube that is used to channel water from supply pipe.
The supply pipe commonly used is Hdpe pipe of 16 millimetres. This supply pipe ensures that the water demand and supply is readily available.
In the arrow dripper connection, the small adapter is fixed into tubing then the tubing is connected to the supply tank. The adapter of 12 mm used is tapered at end to ensure there is no leakages at the point of connection
Areas of applications of arrow drippers
- an individual plant(passion fruits , oranges, mangoes, tomato trees, and avocados, lawn irrigation, tree nurseries’ banana trees)
- planter boxes,
- large pots
Specifications of arrow dripper
- Flow rate of 0.7 liter per hour to 4.0 liters per hour
- Working pressure of 5 Bar to 4.0 Bars.
- Micron for the water filtration of 130 microns to 200 microns
- available sizes 16 mm
- Extensive land leveling is not required, drip irrigation can be employed in all landscapes;
- Irrigation water can be used at a maximum efficiency level and water losses can be reduced to a minimum;
- Soil conditions can be taken into account to a maximum extent and soil erosion risk due to irrigation water impact can be reduced to a minimum;
- Fertilizer and nutrients can be used with high efficiency; as water is applied locally and leaching is reduced, fertilizer/nutrient loss is minimized (reduced risk of groundwater contamination);
- Weed growth is reduced as water and nutrients are supplied only to the cultivated plant;
- Positive impact on seed germination and yield development;