Chisel plough is a primary tillage implement for achieving deep tillage on a prepared land with limited soil disruption.
Its enhancement with narrow, double-ended shovels, or chisel points, mounted on long shanks, which rip through the soil and stir it but do not invert and pulverize as well as the moldboard and disk plows.
The main function of this plough is to loosen and aerate the soils while leaving crop residue at top of the soil. This plough can be used to reduce effects of compaction and help to break up the plough pan and hardpan.
This characteristic has made it a useful addition to no-till and low till farming practices which attempt to maximize the erosion- prevention benefits of keeping organic matter and farming residues present on the soil surface through the year.
The main benefits of chisel plough
Features of chisel plough.
The most common features of the chisel plough unit are:
- The implement could be used for deep tillage up to a depth of 40 cm for bursting of the sub-soil hard pan, improving the drainage and aerating the soil.
- Reduces the bulk density of soil deep soil penetration.
- The machine increases in hydraulic conductivity of sub-soil.
- The roots conserve around 30 to 40% more soil moisture.
- The roots proliferation is improved from 40 to 45%.
- Nutrient mobility especially Nitrogen and potassium are increased by 20 to 30% and 30 to 40% respectively.
- Chisel ploughing enhances the crop yield by 15 to 20%
- The residual effect can be realized for three seasons.
- It is easily operated by any 35 to 45 HP tractors.
The plough dealers in Kenya.
Looking for the best suppliers and seller of plough machines in Kenya, the best solution for you. EUNIDRIP IRRIGATION AND AGRICULTURAL MACHINERIES.
We are best in offering various ranges agricultural solutions. Eunidrip irrigation and agricultural machineries deals with design and installation of irrigation projects, greenhouses, biogas production, poultry production equipment and structures. We also offers various types of agricultural machineries and implements such as chaff cutters, hay balers, ploughs, planters, boom sprayers, rakes etc.
We offer our products at a relatively cheap price that can meet the targets our small to medium scale farmers. Additionally our prices are negotiable. Eunidrip Irrigation and Agricultural Machineries are located in Nakuru Town Center, just directly opposite to Nakuru County Assembly and next to Medicross Hospital along George Morara road.
General maintenance practices of the ploughs implements.
- The plough adjustments should be checked regularly if the steering is hard.
- Check the scrapper adjustments frequently.
- The nipples should be changed immediately suppose the soil gets inside and blocks..
- After every fifty hours grease all greasing points with grease gun and tighten all nuts and bolts.
- The hub of the plough should be opened frequently and cleanse with diesel oil, there after pump in new grease and replace its seal.
- Frequently check for loose nuts and bolts.
- Sharpening of the discs and mouldboard if incase the blades are dull. Blunt blades increase the draft considerably.
- When the diameter of disc is reduce to about 60cm, it is desirable to change the degree of hub by loosening the mounting bolts.
- The plough discs cannot work beyond 55mm diameter. They must be replaced for effective ploughing.
- The bearings should get some lubrication as per the instructions given in the manual.
- Coating of the disc blades is very necessary for rust prevention with the used oil in slack season.
- The high quality grease should be used in bearing housings, coulter hub and bushes.
- Properly fit the three point linkage and lock with lynchpin.
- In case of scrapper touching the discs, loosen the scrapper bolts and readjust the scrapper.
- Never turn the tractor to the right or left when the plough is engaged in the soil.
- Never reverse the tractor when the plough is engaged in the soil.