Drip tape connector
Drip middle connector is a drip fitting that is use in connecting two different sections of drip and it comes in different designs and colors.
Most of these middle connectors are complete with black or may have a blue lock or yellow color. Standard drip middle connector can sustain a working pressure of up to 16 bars but most of the systems of irrigation work best at a pressure of three bars and below.
Working conditions of drip tape connectors
The working pressure of the middle connectors is very critical since it determines the type of drip line to be used.
The high working pressure of the middle connector requires a pressure compensated drip line. An uncompensated pressured drip line requires low pressure.
Drip middle connectors come in various sizes depending on the types of drip lines or drip tapes available in the market. But the known available drip tape sizes are the 12mm and 16mm nominal diameters
Tools that go in hand with a drip tape connector
For the takeoffs to be correctly installed with little or no leakages, the grommet rubbers of different diameters are installed before takeoffs to seal the drilled holes in the sub mainline.
Use of drip tape connectors as irrigation equipment
- Connecting or matching the same drip line/drip tape together.
- Used to connect polyethylene of 16 mm together with drip start connector to the mainline.
Properties of Hdpe drip tape connectors.
- Easy to connect and disconnect to both drip line.
- Highly resistant to UV rays.
- Commonly used with Low Density Polyethylene Pipes (LDPE) and High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPE).
- Internal diameters of 16 millimeters to 0.75 inch.
- Made of polyethylene material.